Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spring Inspirations

First off, sorry for the major delay!  I have been feeling uninspired and under the weather lately so I haven't had anything new to post. But, although I am still under the weather, I am getting back in the blog game!

I just recently started getting all my new magazine issues for next month and they are all super thick with spring fashions.  I have just started to read them so there is still a few to go, but In Style has a great issue.  I LOVE this magazine.  And next month has my fav Jennifer Aniston on the cover looking fabulous.  Inside, they have so many good ideas for spring and how to change up your styling once the weather finally breaks.  Color is a big part of the spring fashion, including colored denim! (I am all in for the colored denim, but I have not had a chance to shop for it so stay tuned for that blog soon.)

For today, I came across this picture of Olivia Palermo and I am so excited because I am currently obsessed with these 70s style jeans for the spring.  I have a couple pairs already!  Also, this outfit can so easily be worn while its still cold out and then again when it warms up without the jacket and different shoes.  First is the picture of Olivia, then the pieces I found.


I bought a jacket like this from H&M a few seasons ago for only $14!  Sadly that one is no longer available, but there are similar styles at some other stores.  I found a great one by Michael Kors on Piperlime for $175.
 

And if thats too high for your budget, there are some great options on ebay too.  This one I found is from Ann Taylor Loft for only $9!  You just have to sort out all the Chanel $2000 jackets on there too :-)


I found a perfect pair of jeans from Nordstom by Rachel Zoe.  They are a bit lighter in color than Olivia's, but the style is spot on.  I think any color blue would work great with this outfit.  And if you dare..colored denim would be so fun too!


And for the shoes...if its still cold out when you try this, black platforms would be the best.  Like these Steve Madden pumps on Piperlime.

And if you try this in warm weather, just remove the jacket and wear the jeans with a grey or white t-shirt or tank.  And then swap the black pumps for a cool pair of wedges.  How fun are these by Jessica Simpson???



Happy Shopping!!!

1 comment: