Friday, December 11, 2015

A Grateful Heart at Mariah

Jon surprised me with tickets to see Mariah Carey's Christmas Concert in NYC this week! Isn't he just the greatest husband ever?  I didn't even know she was doing the show and here he had already bought tickets!  Those of you who know me know how obsessed I am with her...like completely.  We saw her earlier this year in Vegas for my birthday...so that makes it our second show this year!!!  She was beyond AMAZING!  Her voice in incredible. And as we stood listening to her sing (yes we stood the whole concert...gotta love New York!) I was overwhelmed with emotion.  I felt so happy and grateful in that moment and it brought tears to my eyes. Grateful for my husband who knows me so well.  Grateful that a difficult move away from home is going so well and let's us do things like this.  Grateful that God has led us on this journey.  And grateful that my self esteem isn't so low that I need to take 200 selfies during an amazing concert.  (Seriously this woman in front of us took over 100 selfies all through the show...and I am not exaggerating on the number.  She has issues.)  And on a superficial, blog related note...grateful I got to wear my tulle skirt again. :-)






Sweater - Zara
Skirt - Similar
Belt - Similar 
Tights - Nordstrom
Heels - Nine West 

"It is not joy that makes us grateful; 
it is gratitude that makes us joyful."




No comments:

Post a Comment