Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday Party Dress Shopping

Hello again friends!

I know...its has been awhile since my first post.  I am a bit of a procrastinator and couldn't think of a second topic to write about.  So I just didn't...but now I am back and promise the next entry won't be so long from now.  

I was inspired today while out shopping for a new dress to wear to Jon's work holiday party in downtown Detroit at the Fillmore.  Last year when I went searching, I found one right away that I fell in love with.  And then found a bunch more that I liked too.  But this year when Sue and I went to the mall in search of new dresses...nada.  That means nothing in Spanish!  And when we did find one that we liked enough to try on, it was what Michael Kors refers to as "Fallopian length." That means they were all short enough to see your panties if you bend over in the slightest.  You can't exactly wear a dress that short to a work party.  It seems the only other options were old lady frocks.  Even my favorite designer and store, BCBG, had terrible choices.  So we ended up leaving empty handed and defeated.  I couldn't help but wonder who buys those Fallopian length dresses?  When did we travel back to the 1980s?And where are all the wonderfully classy dresses from last year???

Here are a few examples of what we did NOT like...
 Josey Strapless Flower Tube Dress   Ribbon Pleated Strapless Dress  DORIS SLEEVELESS BLOUSON DRESS


Where are the dresses like the ones below at??? (And at reasonably affordable prices by the way.)


\

I love Olivia Palermo's style (she is in the last picture here above).  She always looks fashionable and classy, but never boring.  I will probably be using her as examples often.  Although I am sure her looks are not anywhere near affordable!  But you get the idea about this season's dresses versus past dresses I have seen and fallen in love with.  Maybe a consignment store is the key to my dress woes...I will keep you updated on this new idea.  Otherwise...previously worn dress it is.  And you all know how much I hate to re wear a dress instead of getting a new one :-)  Its just not as exciting!

Happy December to you all!  And good luck if your holiday plans take you out shopping for a new dress...its a tough time out there this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment