Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year...New YOU!

Happy New Year eveyone!  Can you believe it is already 2012? Now I am not one for resolutions...you just end up being mad at yourself for eventually forgetting what you resolved to do.  But I have decided to make this year my healthiest year yet...the natural way!  I decided it is time to focus on the inside so that my outside can look its best.  And you all should join me!!!

This past October I was super sick.  One of the twins brought some virus home from preschool and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I should say that my immune system has always been very weak and I do get sick easily. But this time I was home in bed 4 days...sickest I have been in my life!  I decided that, with the twins in school now, I needed to make some changes so I don't get that sick again.  So, I enlisted the advice of my mom, a smart chiropractor friend, and the internet.  I started using 'Lifeway Kefir' in my morning protein shakes.  Its a probiotic that supports your immune system by keeping your bacteria levels even.  I also started drinking 'GTs Kombucha Trilogy Organic and Raw Synergy Juice' if I need an extra boost. So far...knock on wood...no sickness!




Also all my beauty products are now all natural and organic, primarily Arbonne. (This picture is the set I use daily for my face.)  60% of what you put on your skin is absorbed into your body.  Even my husband has gotten on board and uses their men's line shave gel.  In my Arbonne presentations, I stress the fact that the average woman applies 515 chemicals to her face a day!  That was enough to make me switch.  But there is so much else wrong with our beauty products today.  They use animal by-products in everything you can buy at the drugstore.  That means the road kill on the side of the road you pass could be in your lip gloss.  Ewwww!  I can't help but wonder how all those chemicals will affect us when we are older. They just don't make products like they used to. Organic products now are what used to be the standard.  I have to wonder if the rise in all kinds of cancer is linked to all the chemicals and hormones in everything we consume.  If you want to read more on this, I found a great article - http://experiencelife.com/article/beauty-makeover/  P.S. This magazine Experience Life is great! That same issue has a great article on the 5 healthiest spices.  


The last of my health trifecta is working out.  My in-law family has brought back Family Biggest Loser.  My sister in-law is getting married this spring so everyone wants to get in shape.  We did it about 2 years ago and it was such a success.  Jon has started with the Insanity workout plan.  (The name is very accurate...its insane!)  I have decided that weights don't work for me, so I am focusing on more yoga this time around.  And some kickboxing cardio dance mix dvds from the workout plan Turbo Fire.  Whatever you choose to do, just make sure it works with your schedule.  Jon and I are very into the at home workouts because its easier to find time.  But many people prefer the gym.  And everyone is going crazy about these Crossfit workouts.  We haven't tried these yet, but it has been discussed.  We also ski and snowshoe...great for the outdoorsy types...which I am not but I love both of those.  Just make sure you don't get into a winter slump and find yourself in a panic once the weather turns.   


Good luck!  Here is to a happy 2012!!!

***If you are interested in more about Arbonne just shoot me an email.  And if you order something from my blogs you get 20% off.



1 comment:

  1. Tina,

    You're so good about working out and eating healthy! I always think, if Tina can workout after being with twins all day, I can workout after a day of teaching! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete