Thursday, April 26, 2012

Clothes for the 'Regular' Woman

While flipping through a magazine with a friend who shall not be named (because she told me not to) she asked me to "teach her how to dress."  I told her to read this blog!  And she informed me that this blog is for "skinny bitched like you."  So...I am devoting this blog to her...even though I cannot name her.  And I used the term 'regular' because I was told 'curvy' would be wrong.  Love that I get to learn things through this blogging process!

First thing I thought of was this picture of Kim Kardashian we found in In Style Magazne.  Now, I really do not like Kim, but this look is great and I had to put my love of this outfit over my dislike of the person wearing it.  She claims to be my jean size and weight...yea right.  But regardless, she definitely has curves and this proves that anyone can pull off a pencil skirt.  So I went on a search to find this for you!



The skirt is by Trina Turk for $178.  I found it on both Piperlime and Nordstrom.  I also found one at Nordstrom by Halogen for only $59 and it comes in a ton of colors, including a teal one.  You could get creative with this look and switch up the colors to suit you and your skin tone.  The key here with a pencil skirt is tailoring.  It only costs an extra $10-$20 to alter a skirt and the difference it makes is priceless!  You can guarantee that Kim K got hers fitted to her body.


The yellow top is a tricky one to find!  If you like this color combo and want to stick with teal and yellow, this tank by Tinley Road is beautiful and comes with a built in necklace along the color for only $49.


If you are up for switching around the colors, this top from Ann Taylor is beautiful and it is 40% off right now!  It comes in this vibrant pink, as well as blue and white.  And I love the idea of pairing a bright top with white jeans so you could get so many outfits out of this shirt.  


Lastly, the shoes.  I love a nude platform pump.  The nude color makes your legs look longer and the platform adds height, making your legs look leaner and your butt look lifted.  Really, what's not to love about shoes like these???  I own a pair and they are in constant rotation...well they were before I fell off the porch.  Grrr.  Anyways, here is the pair I have by Jessica Simpson.  You can find them a lot of places, but I found them on Zappos for $89.  There are tons of nude platforms on this site, and they offer free shipping and free returns on all orders so there is no risk ordering online.  


Stay tuned for the next 'Regular Woman' blog...with bathing suits!  


No comments:

Post a Comment