Monday, April 30, 2012

Bathing Suits

Tomorrow is May 1st...and that means summer is right around the corner.  (And so is my birthday!!!)  So I thought I would do a little digging into the bathing suit options and see what is out there.  My usual bathing suit style is a bikini, usually with a triangle top.  Last summer, with the twins at the beach all the time, I was getting really bad tan lines so I searched for a bandeau top that ties in the back.  Those of you who are better at filling up a bathing suit top could probably wear any bandeau, but my small friends could not so I had to find a tie back.  But in general, I like to stick with the triangle tops.  My usual go-to spot for bathing suits is Victoria's Secret so I started there. And if you are shopping on a budget, you can always find good options in their clearance section.  I got a bikini for $14 last month!

I really like this Tie-dye bikini from Victoria's Secret from the Beach Sexy Swim Collection.



For those who like a bit more coverage, this tankini from the Forever Sexy Collection is great.  Love the print!  And you can get any style bottom you like, from string to high waist.


If you are in the mood for a splurge on swimwear, I love Vix Swimwear.  It is a bit more than other stores and brands, but they are made so well and fit great.  I got my first one for my honeymoon :-)  I LOVE this one...but its $176 so be prepared before you fall in love too. I especially love this one because the print is gorgeous and the ruffle on the top is nice for us flat chested ladies!



And if you prefer a one piece, there are so many stylish ones out right now.  The key with a one piece is to make sure the fit flatters your body type.  I think it is harder to find a flattering one piece than a bikini or tankini.  The ruching is key for trouble areas. If you are well endowed, wear a v-neck suit to draw attention to the girls and away from your hips and tummy.  Show them off I say!  If you have the time, I think trying these style suits on is a better bet.  Or, find a website with easy and free return shipping.  I found this one at Macy's by Swim Solutions for $84, and its 15%off today.  



Oh, and self tanner always helps.  I found a great non-toxic one at Target. 

No comments:

Post a Comment