Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pointy Toe Flats...All Under $50

I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter this weekend!  I myself had a great time out East on Long Island with the whole Franklin clan.  It was my mother-in-law's 60th birthday and she requested we all be together.  So we invaded and took over this wonderful B&B called The Harvest Inn.  The couple who owns it could not be nicer!  And for those of you not familiar with New York, out east on Long Island is wine country.  It has a similar feel to up north Michigan, very country and rustic with TONS of wineries.  I think this trip I had some of the best wines ever!  Along with the best dinner I think I have ever had, complete with oysters and beef wellington (filet wrapped inside perfectly cooked pastry for those who don't know because I didn't either) and a red wine all the way from France.  It was amazing!  And the family time was great too...needless to say all that wine led to lots of laughter...and a little performance by 'Unique Pitch' late one night.

But enough about my trip...and on to shoes!  While in NY this weekend I got to debut my new flats!  I still can't get my ankle into a heel of any kind so I went out and got a pair of flats.  I intended to get this yellow flower Sam Edelman flats from my blog a couple weeks ago.  But then I found the same pair with a snakeskin pattern and I was sold!  I wore them all weekend!

But while I was showing off my new favorite shoes, my sister-in-law Liane told me that she could really use some new flats but that she prefers pointy toes.  So I made it my mission to find her some!  And here is the results of my intense searching! 





These are from ASOS and are only $35.81.  There is also a yellow pair with a red bow for the same price, depending on what fits best with your wardrobe.  




These are also from ASOS, for $44.76.  They have the studded toe detail, which makes them more exciting than a plain black shoe.  And they can be worn with anything!



These are from JCPenny and are only $30!  They were also featured in People Style Watch Magazine.  And if you sign up for JCPenny emails or their credit card, you can use a coupon to make them even cheaper.  I always get $10 off your purchase coupons in the mail.  They have these in a gold, peach, and white color as well. All for only $30!!!

My last suggestion is Nordstrom Rack, if you have one near you.  They have many of the shoes that were recently in Nordstrom stores, but for half the price.  They are sorted by size in the store so you can shop hundreds of different styles at once.  Last time I was there, they had tons of pointy toe flats.  If you don't have this store near you, try a TJ Maxx or Marshalls.  They don't have as many shoes, but they usually have a pretty good selection at really good prices.  

Next up, by request, is a blog devoted to any woman out there who is not (and I quote) a skinny bitch.  A.k.a. real women with curves.  So stay tuned!  And let me know if you have any requests!





No comments:

Post a Comment