Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Wedding Attire

First...sorry for the major lapse in blog entries.  I know you have all been dying for a new one!  May was absolutely insanely busy and just flew by.  We just got home last night from a week in Boston for my sister-in-laws wedding.  It was so beautiful and we had a blast!  And it got me inspired for a new blog.  Between the rehearsal and the wedding, there were so many dresses to admire.  I LOVED my bridesmaid dress and think I can even get a few more uses out of it.  But the rest of the summer, we get to just be guests and I found myself thinking what to wear when you aren't in the wedding party.  So as I am prone to do, I hit the stores and the web in search of new dresses!

If you are headed to an outdoor wedding, like a beach or park, this would be a fun twist on the usual cocktail dress.  Its a maxi dress, but it doesn't go all the way to the floor so that makes it perfect for an outdoor occasion.  It is printed, but the grey color keeps it muted enough that you wouldn't stand out.  And I like this one because you can wear it with heels or flats, depending on how dressy the wedding is.  Is is by Daniel Rainn  and right now it is only $70 on Piperlime.



Now, if you are invited to a fancier wedding, a LBD is always a safe bet.  But I wanted to look for one with a little excitement thrown in.  This Jessica Simpson dress is perfect.  It will flatter most body types because the blouson top will hide larger top halves as well as any tummy issues.  That keeps you free to eat and drink the night away with no worries about what I like to call my "food baby."  This dress is a bit more expensive at $188, but it can easily be worn for many different occasions.  




And if you are in the mood to be bold, try some color.  As long as you keep the style and length modest, wearing a bright color would be perfect for a summer wedding.  There are tons of styles out right now with summer just starting.  I love this one by Milly.  Its a little more expensive, but you can get it right now for $177 on sale.  This is another dress that can multi-task...just add black tights, pumps, and a blazer and you can wear it all winter long as well.  Keep your accessories simple with this dress so the print can be the focus.  If you wanted, you could also belt this at your waist for some more definition.  





Happy shopping!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment