Saturday, June 2, 2012

Perfect Early Summer Outfit

Hello again fashion lovers!  I have the coolest outfit for us to try!  And its perfect for this time of year.  While I was surfing my favorite fashion sites, I came across this picture of Olivia Palermo on In Style's 'Outfit of the Day' site.  I am so in love with this look that I am determined to locate pieces that I can afford and wear it asap!  And I thought you all might like to try it too :-)





The main piece here is the tuxedo blazer.  I found a great version by Jennifer Lopez at Kohls and it was only $20 on the sale rack!  But in case they don't still have that available everywhere, try ebay.  I found some very similar styles to this one.  Here is the blazer I found at Kohls.





The next piece of this outfit is the striped tee under the blazer.  There are tons of options for this style tee.  I found three options at the Gap, such as this one.  And they are very affordable, like this one for $22.95.  Another place to look is Target or J Crew.  And if the fit is too tight to get the drapey look, just go up a size.





The shorts were a little more tricky for me to find.  The key to this look is that the shorts are loose and not too short.  I think silk shorts are the best bet, but they tend to be a bit more expensive, so if you can find a pair that fit loose like silk, that will work too.  I love these KRISA silk shorts that I found on Revolve Clothing.  They are $158, which I know is a lot for shorts, but they are cute and sexy all at the same time.  That's hard to find!





The last, and possibly best part of this outfit is the shoes!  The shoes Olivia is wearing are Manolos...the wedding ones from Sex and the City.  Until I can buy me a pair of those...I had to find another option.  And finding an option that is as cool as the Manolos...impossible.  But a close option is these blue pumps by Guess found on Endless.com.  They are on sale right now for $76.61 and there are still a lot of sizes available.





I am so going to be trying this outfit as soon as I can get shorts and shoes to complete the look.  Stay tuned for pics and send me yours if you try it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment