Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tulip Skirt with a Sporty Twist

Well hello there peeps!  I know...its been awhile again.  Life in the Franklin household has been crazy busy and I have not had any free time.  But I have been storing up inspirations and I am so excited to share!!!

I saw this picture of Zoe Saldana awhile back in one of my many magazines and instantly fell in love with it.  And then I found the perfect skirt so I bought it!!!  And I am working on the rest so I thought I would share with all of you :-)



Isn't this just the perfect mix of sexy and laid back? Its casual, yet unexpected and I so love it.  I found a very similar skirt on Victoria's Secret...clearance too for only $9.99!  And also comes in more colors than just this brown shown so you can play with the color palette, just make sure you keep in neutral or you will lose the easiness of it.




Now for the top.  It looks like hers is linen, but a cotton button down would work too.  The key to the look is the loose fit so it can't be fitted.  I found this one on Piperlime by Tinley Road for $30.  Also on SALE! It isn't linen but it looks loose fitting like Zoe's, and you can roll the sleeves up or down for weather.  P.S. How cute does this look with colored jeans?  Another perfect summer outfit idea!




And the sandals...another part I am so excited about because I found a great pair at DSW last week with my mom.  They were by Crown Vintage...but of course I didn't buy them because I didn't have the skirt yet and I cannot find a picture of them online to show you now.  So I found this pair by Matiko Aria on Piperlime for $110.  That seems like a lot for sandals...the Crown Vintage ones from DSW were $80, which I thought was a lot at the time but now I wish I had bought them.  I love that Zoe's match her skirt so perfectly so if you play with the neutral colors, make sure the shoes match too.




For some who don't share in Zoe's mile long legs, these ankle straps might not do you any favors but instead cut you off and make your legs look shorter.  If this is the case, try a wedge sandal with a lower strap that hits your below the ankle.  This one by Bandolino is really cute and gives off the same cool and sexy vibe as the others.




The finishing touches are the accessories.  I found this scarf on Amazon for only $10, but I am sure that a neutral color scarf can be found just about anywhere.  The same goes for a pair of aviators and chunky earrings.  Anywhere you shop for clothes and shoes will most likely have all these accessories.  Target, Forever 21, Aldo, etc.



Happy shopping!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment