Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jeans and Booties...The Perfect Match

So, I have a new fashion obsession and girl crush.  Its on Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.  She is a british (I think these brit women really know whats up in fashion) super model and she is so stylish.  I have never seen her looking anything but amazing!  So now I have set out to make myself a clone...sadly without the accent...or the whole model thing.  But, I can start using her as fashion inspiration!  My favorite looks are always the ones with jeans.  She really found a way to make jeans sexy and simple, classic and rock, all at the same time.  Here is one example I love.




I have seen so many pictures of her in these boots that I decided to start there because that must be the key. Therefore, these are a must buy for the fall.  I found a great pair on Piperlime by Sabine Jenillo for only $40! And there are actually a lot of sizes left.  I think I am gonna buy some right now!




The other key ingredient to this look is her skinny jeans.  The most important part of this is where the jeans hit you on your ankle, especially with a pair of booties.  I would even recommend bringing the boots with you to the tailor and getting them hemmed to just above the top of the boots.  Skinny jeans are everywhere and for everyone.  They come in a variety of prices and fit all types of bodies.  I have been spoiled by a few pairs of designer jeans, but they really do fit the best, as long as it fits your budget tho.  My secret advice is to go to Nordstrom and try on a few pairs and find the best ones for you...then go on ebay and try to find them for much less.  If that makes you too nervous, try Nordstrom Rack.  They have a great selection of designer jeans for half the price.  I found these J Brand jeans on ebay this week and I am so excited!  They will go perfect with my new 'Rosie Super Model' look :-)



If designer jeans are not your thing, try Guess or Gap.  I love my skinny jeans from Guess.  They fit perfect, but they aren't skin tight so they are really comfortable.  Another option is the department stores.  I like Lord and Taylor for jeans because they carry a ton of brands, which allow you to try on different fits.  They also always have sales and coupons so you can get a really good price.  These are by Guess for $89 but with the extra 15% off right now you can get them for $75.




White tees are easy to find.  I like t-shirts from the Gap and Ann Taylor Loft.  They are usually under $20 and super soft.  This one from the Gap is perfect for only $14.95.





The belt was actually pretty hard to find at a decent price.  I found an awesome one from What Goes Around Comes Around Vintage but it was almost $100 so I kept looking.  I found this one on Overstock.com for only $30.  The other option is just getting a black leather belt without the studs.  My biggest issue with belts and accessories is matching the metals.  So if you get a gold necklace and gold aviators like Rosie, make sure the belt matches.  Or if you start with the belt and it ends up being silver, get a silver necklace and aviators.




The rest of the accessories are super easy.  I just got a great pair of aviators from Norstrom for only $10!  I also always have good luck at Marshals and TJ Maxx for sunglasses.  I think any drop necklace would work with this outfit, but make sure it is simple and not bulky.  I love chunky necklaces but it would change the whole vibe of this look.  I like Target and little resale shops for fun, random jewelry at a good price.


If you like this look, but wanted to make it more dressy, replace the plain white tee with a silky top and replace the booties with some sexy high heels (pointy toe works best with skinnies).  If you go with the dressy look, you could definitely change the jewelry for something big and chunky.  It is also perfect for transitioning into fall.  Just add a blazer or jacket and scarf to the skinnies and boots and viola like this picture of Rosie below.  Fabulous!!!



1 comment:

  1. In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with see through flower dress.I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete