Saturday, August 18, 2012

Transition into Fall

Well, the weather is starting to signal that fall is near.  Its usually hot as hell this time of year but right now we are seeing the 70s which feels to me like fall.  Although I am sad to see summer go, one of the best things about the fall (besides football!) is fashion!  I just got all my September magazines this week and they are huge.  By far the best issues of the year.  I can't wait to see all the outfit inspirations in them.  But to start with, I thought I would share a great outfit for this pre-fall cool down in the weather.  I love that its all white but the shades and textures are all a little different.  The layering here is perfect for this time of year too.



Sweaters are always tough for me.  I don't like wool fabrics because they itch unless you always wear long sleeves underneath.  But I find that the good quality sweaters are always very expensive.  I really like the one I bought at the J.Crew Outlet.  It was only $20 and its J.Crew so the quality is great.  Its a great store for good sweaters at good prices.  Jessica's sweater is extra cool because of the leather elbow patches.  But those are very hard to find!  I found a really nice one from Banana Republic for $60.  Its not cream like this picture but its more of a tan.  




The white button up underneath is easy.  You can find those anywhere right now because they are perfect for fall.  I wear mine under blazers and sweaters, or alone with jeans for that classic look.  My new favorite is to do the half tuck in the front.  It takes it from preppy to cool so easily.  The Gap is a great place for basics like these.  This button down shirt is $50.  




And these khakis also from the Gap are $32 in off-white.  




I found this hat on Piperlime by Brixton Capistrano for $50.  Hats are kinda tricky to buy online.  Make sure the return policy is easy if you do buy online.  Otherwise, Aldo Accessories and Target are good places to shop for hats.  




I found a great scarf on Amazon for only $30...and its cashmere!  Its by Charter Club.  Considering that you wrap it around your neck, the softness of cashmere is perfect.  It also adds a luxurious touch to your outfit.  And you will wear this with so many other outfits.




And how perfect are these Guess pumps?  They are on Endless by Amazon for $38, and they offer free shipping and free returns so its risk free.  If you don't love these, first you are nuts!  But this site has a lot of options for cream pumps. 



One last note..I definitely do not follow the 'no white after labor day' rule.  If you wear it like this, with multiple textures and shades, you can wear it all year!

No comments:

Post a Comment