Saturday, August 11, 2012

Skin Care

The last month of my life has been one filled with skin care frustrations.  I tried to switch things up and go the all out organic route.  My skin said...NO WAY!  And ever since then its been all uphill.  So after many new products and money spent, I am back to the tried and true Arbonne products I was using before.  Plus a few helpers added in.  Arbonne is very close to organic and many of the ingredients are 100% natural.  And it seems to really work the best for my skin.  But ladies, seriously, how frustrating it is to figure out skin care?  I thought I was doing the right thing by going all organic, and what do I get for that?  Not looking good that's for sure!  There are so many products out there and so much information about what works best for what skin type.  But really, its all relative to your skin.  I really just need to stay off the internet cause its nothing but trouble!  Today I went to get a facial from my lady Ivetta  and begged her to help me fix my face.  She scolded me for "experimenting" with new products.  "Skin care is what I do" she told me.  And she's right!  No more experimenting for me!  She told me that from now on I should consult her before trying something new.  Yes ma'am!!!  I highly recommend everyone get a facial lady like my Ivetta.  She has been my go to for eyebrows and facials for 4 years now and she really knows my skin.  Having a professional who knows your skin is priceless...albeit kinda expensive for the wallet.  But totally worth it in my book!

Now what I use may not be the best choice for you all, but I will share what I have used and liked the best.  I have super sensitive skin and clearly new products do not go well!  And I also have some breakout issues. My go to is Arbonne because its not made with harsh chemicals that are bad for you.  I like the FC5 Purifying Cleanser + Toner.  It really helps with oiliness.  I also like the Oil Absorbing Day Lotion SPF20.  It seems a lot of lotions clog my pores and this doesn't.  And the best shine control product ever is the Mattifying Powder.  Sue and I swear by this...especially when we go out.




Another product I really love is by SkinCeuticals.  Its called Phyto Corrective Gel.  Its a small green liquid that you apply with a dropper.  Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic and helps calm and soothe ittitated skin.  It also helps reduce discoloration. Its like a miracle in a little bottle!  It seems a little expensive at $60 but it lasts for months.  I found it at SkinStore.com and they always have 20% off offers if you sign up for emails so you can get a good price.




I found that with all my skin issues, sometimes I have leftover discolorations that take forever to go away.  I found this peel by skyn ICELAND on that same SkinStore.com website. Its gentle enough to use everyday and really does speed up the fading process.  Its $45 but I always buy it with the 20% off.





And when things are bad, such as now, I use concealer!  It is my beauty savior.  Another makeup trick I use...really play up the eye makeup and no one will notice anything but your eyes :-)

1 comment:

  1. Your skin always looks so amazing! I know you always say "It's because I used concealer!" but really, your skin always has a glow!

    That Phyto Corrective Gel sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete