Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dinner with Friends

We went to a little holiday group dinner/party on Saturday night at Marci and Frankie's house.  There was 10 of us...Jon and I being the only non-neighbor dwelling friends :-)  We had two of these dinner parties last year and they are always a great time.  Tara is a great bartender and her martinis are the best!  This years was a Chocolate Covered Almond Martini...couldn't even taste the alcohol.  However, the White Chocolate Candy Cane Martini was ALL alcohol.  Delicious!  I bought a new leopard shirt on Piperlime awhile ago and I was dying to wear it.  This seemed like the perfect opportunity. I also tried something new with my curl.  I curled it after blow drying it straight...which I never do.  I usually just rock the natural curl and add to it a bit with a curling rod.  I saw an idea to try it from straight and curl under instead of over the rod.  Then I brushed it, which I also never do.  All in all I was happy with the look and will definitely try it again.  P.S.  What do you think of my new dark red lipstick?  I almost never wear lipstick but this one is super in right now.  (I wanted to wear my coat in one picture because it is the best coat I have ever owned!  Shout out to my boss and what a great job she did picking this out!)








The top is from Piperlime and its by Tinley Road and its on sale right now for only $24.99 with all sizes still available.  I wore it with skinny black pants, but you can wear it with anything from jeans to pencil skirts.  I am excited to pack it for Christmas break in NY.  

My pants are from the Gap but they are no longer available.  I found a similar pair at Express for $60.

My shoes are Jessica Simpson but they are no longer available either.  These Anne Klein heels from Zappos are very similar.  They are on sale right now for only $62.99.

My belt is from the Talbots Outlet Store and it was such a great find.  I wear it all the time, dressed up and down.  It is a tricky belt to find but this one by Style $ Co. from Macy's is very similar.  Its $21.98 and as a bonus its reversible.  Two belts in one!

My coat is from Bebe. It was my Christmas gift last year from the twins parents and I love it!  When you live in a climate like Michigan, you need great outerwear.  This one at Bebe is pretty similar for $198.


Merry Christmas Season everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment