Monday, January 7, 2013

Dinner Date with the Hubby

Happy New Year Everyone!!!  Can you all believe its already 2013!  Time really does fly by.  I don't know about you, but I am really excited for this year and all it can bring.  I don't make resolutions, but one of my goals for this year is to improve my blog.  So if you have any advice or critiques for me I would love to hear them.

And since its the new year, it also means busy season is back for my husband :-(  So I decided I would start the new year blogging off with the outfit I wore on our last date.  During busy season we make Friday our date nights because its usually been a week since we got to speak in person.  Its my favorite thing about busy season.  And since my husband hasn't seen me the whole week, I try to dress nice for him.  This outfit was based around the shoes!  I tried the drop waist trend by sitting the belt on my hips instead of my waist like usual.






I bought this dress a couple years ago for my birthday party.  Its always fun to find new uses for your dresses.  Last time I wore it in the spring, but its perfect for winter too.  All I did was add tights and a blazer.  This one from Piperlime is similar for $67.  Can be worn alone, with a belt, with or without tights. Endless possibilities!



My shoes Sam Edelman...I am still so in love with these!  They are the coolest heels I own!  They no longer available online, but this pair is similar and very cool for $190.


I also found a similar pair from Ami Clubwear for only $21.  They are all black, but have the spiked heel detail that mine have.



Target has some really fun tights right now.  If you dress up in the winter, its a great way to keep your legs warm.  You can't tell but mine in the picture are patterned.  Its subtle but adds some fun to your outfit.  They have all kind of patterns if you are daring enough!  I like these with the zigzags.




Happy New Year!!!  Here's to a stylish 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment