Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas Dinner...a few weeks early

Ok so I know Christmas is over and we are all to 2013 already.  But I have been so excited to blog this outfit and just never found the time before Christmas break.  Because we spent the holiday in NY with my in-laws, Jon and I celebrated with Dad and Diane and my brother a couple weeks early.  I was so pumpoed to show off my newest addition to my shoe collection.  Only these shoes are my old pumps transformed into brand new cap toes!  Hope you are as impressed as I am proud.  This is also my debut of my new hair do...trying out the ombre trend for a bit although its a little hard to tell in this lighting.






My top here is actually two shirts put together.  I layered a sheer long sleeve black top under my peplum top.  I found this amazing peplum long sleeve at Nordstrom by Hinge.  Its gorgeous and comes in black or red and is $78.



I bought the pants a long time ago at Bebe...they don't really carry pants like that anymore.  I found a cute pair of grey trousers from Asos for only $21!  Really, any pants would work with this outfit, from dress trousers to skinny jeans.  I was having a dress up moment, but this would be great with jeans for an everyday look.  In fact, I may have to try that too!



And now for my shoes!  These were just plain black pointy toe pumps before.  But I have a couple pairs of black heels so I thought, why not try sometime crazy!  I read on another blog about painting the toes of your shoes for a cap toe effect.  The blogger had painted suede wedges so I wasn't sure about my leather heels.  I asked a sales lady at JoAnn Fabrics and she clearly thought I was nuts.  I'm sure she could tell that I did not belong in that store.  But I ignored her advice that you can't paint leather and bought the gold paint anyways. Well...it worked like a charm!  I just put a piece of scotch tape across the shoes and painted the toes up to the tape.  I think I did 3 layers and then added a layer of outdoor sealant, just in case rain or snow somehow has an effect on the paint.  They have lasted thru a walk in New York City so mission accomplished!



If you like the shoes but not the work, here is a finished product for sale. They are from Mia on Piperlime foor $69.  Pretty close huh?  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment