Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mens Style for Spring

Well, technically its spring.  Mother Nature is being a real biatch and refuses to do anything but rain and snow here in Michigan.  It still feels like winter.  And to go along with the crap weather, I have also been battling a sinus cold and its been a real drag too.  So...I have spent my last two weekends on the couch in pajamas.  Ergo...no new pictures of fun outfits to share :-(  BUT, a few friends have asked me about mens fashion and whats in style for Spring 2013.  Jon is busy watching the Masters/being mad at me so I can't ask him to model like I was planning.  We will broach that idea later this week and I will do a post on mens style with my handsome husband as the model.  Until then, I have searched the blogs and websites to find some great suggestions for you.

One really big trend right now is grey...pale grey.  Many of the new suits that are out right now are grey.  I love this look by Dolce & Gabbana.  The suit is grey, but the shirt underneath is really popping!  For those of us who can't afford D&G, I found this suit option from Macy's by Bar III.  I love the green top too so I found the one pictured below also from Macy's by DKNY.







Another big trend right now for spring is pastels.  This can be dress shirts, ties, or even shorts.  I love this look from Nordstrom, especially the pink shorts.  I couldn't find these exact shorts at Nordstrom, but these shorts from JC Penny are really cool too (and only $12!).




Can't do a menswear blog without talking about ties.  I LOVE mens ties.  I wonder if this stems from being a big fan of Pretty Woman...we all what I am talking about ;-)  Anywho...One big style point for spring is 'less is more' so instead of a printed shirt and tie, try a plain shirt with a tie that pops.  How about a really cool flower print?  I love this look. The tie is from Express for $50.





The last trend that I think is worth mentioning is the denim jacket.  Denim jacket you say???  I know...its very circa 1990s but they are back.  You have to be careful with this trend so you don't end up looking very uncool.  I like the moto style best, like this one by John Varvatos. I found an exact replica at Macy's for only $45, below.



Here's to spring actually showing up!!!  





No comments:

Post a Comment