Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Drinking with my parents...and some eating too!

Tis the season everyone!  Happy December.  I don't know about you all, but I cannot believe Christmas is only three weeks away.  I have some serious shopping to do...good thing I am such a pro at it!  To celebrate all the good things in life, we went to dinner with my parents to one of our favorite restaurants in the area, Diamond Jim Brady's in Novi.  Literally everything I have had there is amazing!  They have a very in interesting menu, with some staples like burgers and steak, but they also have these unique dishes that are so incredible.  The appetizers are almost better than the main courses.  Plus, they have great beer, wine, and my chocolate martini was so good!  If you are looking for someplace new to eat at in our area, I highly recommend giving them a try...you won't be sorry!

I recently saw a page in one of my magazines about how to accessorize like Olivia Palermo (who we all know I love!) and it gave me some great ideas.  This night I went with the broach idea.  Typically when we hear broach, we think grandma.  But they can be so modern and classic all at the same time...it just depends on the broach and how you style it.  I found this really cool cheetah broach at my mom's house when we were cleaning it out for her move.  I have also seen really fun ones at resale stores (and for only a few dollars at that).  Give it a try!





Blazer - Express
Lace Tank - Express (this version has cool leather sleeves and is 40% off)
Jeans - Gap
Heels - Michael Kors, Similar style by Fergie
Broach - Mom's closet, Very similar one on Etsy

1 comment: