Saturday, December 21, 2013

Party at Joe Louis Arena

You read that right...we had a party at the Joe!  Jon's work holiday party was at Joe Louis Arena this year, right on the ice!  It was one of the coolest parties that we have ever been to, although I might be partial as a life long Red Wings fan.  The party was complete with a tour of the locker room (smelly hockey gear included), sitting on the zamboni, and an appearance by Zetterberg himself.  Oh yea, and we sat in the penaly box too!  It was decorated in all black and red, as were all the guests as we were asked to wear black, white, or red.  Pretty easy right?  I mean most of us women own a LBD.  I was determined not to be so boring and predictable and went with a jumper I have had for two years and somehow never worn.  I don't want to toot my own horn here, but this is one of my best looks!  I took the bell bottoms of the pants as inspiration and went with the 1970s vibe all the way.  Shout out to my BFF who loaned me the belt (which I loved so much I went online and bought!).  Side note - aside from the overall fabulousness of the look, it was amazing to wear pants to a winter party in Michigan!






Jumpsuit - French Connection, Similar style at Nordstrom
Belt - Express on sale for $20 right now!
Heels - Nine West

No comments:

Post a Comment