Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hunger Games and Sushi

Its been awhile since Jon and I have had a chance to have a date night out...but we finally managed to find a night where we had no plans and decided to get out of the house.  We went to see the new Hunger Games Catching Fire movie and then sushi at Shiro in Novi.  Both were amazing!  I read all the Hunger Games books a couple years ago and loved them.  I was so excited to hear they were making them into movies and so far the movies are very close to the books.  I highly recommend reading the books and seeing the movies!  I promise they are not just for teenagers :-)

You know me by now, I love a good occasion to get dolled up, and date night is no exception.  When I am going on a date with my hubby, I try to pick something that I know he will like.  There is totally a difference between dressing for a date and dressing for girls night out.  I definitely have a few items in my closet that Jon doesn't get, so I save those for the girls.  He, like most men, likes tight pants and low necklines.  I like a compromise so here is what I came up with!






Top - Tinley Road on Piperlime, Similar one on Amazon
Jeans - J Brand from Nordstrom
Earrings - Gold and Diamond hoops from Diane via Dad's store
less expensive ones at Macy's
Heels - Jessica Simpson on Zappos

No comments:

Post a Comment