Monday, March 5, 2012

Future Fashion Icons

I usually blog about my favorite new styles and clothes for us adults.  But today I am going to write about clothes for my little fashion lovers...the twins!  One of my absolute favorite things to do is pick out their outfits every morning!  And going shopping for the clothes that they wear is just as fun!  There are some very cool stores out there now for kids clothes.  And you don't have to break the bank to get nice clothes either.

Janie and Jack has some beautiful dress clothes...buts its SO expensive.  If you are like me, you have a hard time spending so much on something a baby or toddler will grow out of in a couple months.  If you go a month or two after the new clothes come out, you can usually get a pretty decent deal.  So I would only recommend this store if you aren't in need of something specific, unless you are willing to splurge.

Another great place for kids clothes is Baby Gap.  Sometimes it can get a little pricey, but if you sign up for their emails they always send discounts to you.  And their sale rack always has a great selection so if the regular priced stuff is too much, you can almost always find something on their.  The have great casual and dressy stuff.  I got the twins Christmas outfits from there and used an email offer for 30% off!

I am not a huge fan or matchy matchy baby clothes like Gymboree has.  Sometimes I think its hard to be creative when the cuff on the pants matches the pattern on the shirt.  I know it makes it easy for moms to pick clothes out when the store matches everything like that.  But for me...I like to mix and match from everywhere!  I also must admit that I like the more trendy looks, with skulls for the boys and fur vests for the girls!  My new favorite store is called 77 kids, its an offshoot of American Eagle.  They have the coolest stuff, from newborn all the way up to size 16.  I just bought Addy 3 pairs of jeans...I swear I would wear all of them in my size too!  And the prices are so reasonable, one pair was only $13.  Last year when they first opened I found an adorable bathing suit for only $8.  If you are into the more trendy kids looks, this store is the BEST place to shop!

Here are a few pics I bribed the twins with cookies to let me take for you all to see some examples -

Blazer from Baby Gap, T-Shirt from Babies R Us, Skinny Jeans from Gymboree

Skull Sweater from Babies R Us, Skull Jeans from Baby Gap

Shirt from Nordstrom (now available), Skirt from Nordstrom, Leggings from Kohls (still available)

Sequin top from J.Crew Kids, Shorts from flea market in Florida, Tights from Babies R Us

Stay tuned for more to come!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment