Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Menswear

A couple weeks ago, during the first weekend of March Madness, we met some friends at the bar to watch the games.  It was mostly guys, as usual, and most of them were in t-shirts of some sort.  Except Dan, who was dressed fabulously, like an add right out of a magazine.  And of course the guys were making fun by the end of the night.  But I thought it looked great and it gave me inspiration for a menswear blog entry!  So thank you DK!!!  :-)  This ones for you.

I did some reading on whats hot right now for men in the spring and found a few really cool styles that you can all pull off effortlessly.  Granted, there are some trends that I have a feeling you fellas would not be so into.

One big one I saw is plaid and checks.  Some of the big designers had suits with full on plaid, but that might be a bit much for you all.  These shorts are so cool and the colors are bright but easy to match with most shirts you probably already have in your closet.  These are by Ben Sherman from Nordstroms for $89.  I found Jon a really similar pair from Marshalls for only $15!





Another trend I really like is wingtip oxfords.  I love oxfords and some of the new ones for spring are colored and suede.  It makes these somewhat old school shoes new and exciting and trendy.  These Cole Haan 'Air Franklins' are my favorite.  They are also found at Nordstroms for $178.




I really like the Tommy Hilfiger clothes that are out right now.  They have some really cool spring suits right now.  And some of them are even on sale!  This blue one below is very on trend with the Spring 2012 runways.  And you can easily pair it with some white pants or jeans for a dressed down look too.  This one is on sale right now for $290 (for the jacket).  The pants are $150.  




I will keep looking into this menswear stuff and post another entry soon.  Mark Wolfman has requested one on bathing suits so stay tuned!  And as I LOVE to shop for ties, there will most definitely be a whole blog dedicated to ties soon too!  I know some great places to score deals on those.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment