Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bringing the Midwest to Dallas

Hello everyone!  Can you believe its already September?  While I am sad to see the summer end, I am so pumped for football season!!!  We have season tickets to the Lions and plan on attending as many Michigan football games as possible.  Which is what brought me to Dallas this past weekend.  Sadly, the football game was the low point of the trip.  But the rest of the weekend was spent touring the Dallas/Ft.Worth area and enjoying lots of good food with my husband and in-laws.  One thing about Dallas during Labor Day weekend...its HOT!  I mean, I don't think I have ever been that hot in my whole life HOT!  Which made getting dressed to spend the day in 105 degree heat a bit challenging but I took some photos of the results to share with you all.  I basically just stuck to shorts and tank tops but I tried to get creative with them anyways.






I found this tank by Patterson J. Kincaid at a TJ Maxx for only $30!  I took the bottom picture so you could see the back because its the best part...there is one panel of black lace and one panel of the blue fabric and they criss cross.  I have been searching for a similar one but I can't find one with the lace back like this one.  I did find a couple options from Nordstrom's that would work.  One is by Halogen for $59 and the other is also Halogen on sale for only $24.90.  The shorts are from Express, last summer,but they have a similar pair right now for $59.  I still haven't found a way to wear these in the colder weather, but I am working on it!  





Side note - this photo was taken at Southfork Ranch where they film the show Dallas.  This was the first time I wore this outfit so hopefully it is as cool as I think it is!  This black tank top is one of my favorites.  I got it at Express a couple years ago and wear it all the time.  It works as a cami under low cut dresses and tops.  I wear it often with my fitted blazer as one of my go-to outfits. (I'll take pictures next time I wear that.)  This time I wore it with my vest because its a little low cut boobalicious and it was daytime so I thought the vest would make it more casual, less club.  I found one like it at Victoria's Secret for $24.50.  The vest is really old and I can't remember where its from.  I found a very similar one at Macy's by Bar III for $50.  The shorts are from last summer at the Loft.  Its a tough time to shop for specific shorts, but if you are flexible you can get great deals on them right now.  I found a cool pair on Piperlime by Free People on sale for $34. They also have a ton of jean shorts in every color on sale right now.  






This dress is SO fun!  I found it at Dillards on clearance last spring and couldn't resist. I also wanted to zoom in on the shoes here to show the mixed patterns with peacock and snakeskin.  The shoes are neutral enough that when worn like this, they make my legs look longer and the dress still takes center stage.  I looked everywhere but its no longer available.  I did find this dress, also by Kensie, that would work perfect with this look and be a great transition piece for colder weather because of the sleeves.  It would look great belted with the snakeskin heels, but also with some brown tights and knee high boots.  I can't find these heels with the bow but I found a really cool pair by N.Y.L.A on Piperlime for $79.  


Hope you enjoyed my modeling! :-)  I promise to make these a more regular thing on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment