Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Menswear and A Puffy Vest

We recently decided that my husband Jon needed some new clothes to update his wardrobe, both work and weekend.  So I decided today that I would browse what is trending for fall right now.  I could go on for days with cool looks that I found.  But I picked this one because I bought Jon a really cool puffy vest for a steal and he has yet to wear it.  He tried to tell me that it wasn't "his style."  Well I disagree...clearly cause I bought it!  When I saw this look below on the Nordstrom website I had to use it.  How cool does this dude look?  Ladies, am I right?  Of course I am!  The only problem with it is the price...so I decided to look around for some more affordable options.







I immediately thought of the Gap when I went looking for some cool cargo pants.  These from Gap are slim fitting for $60.  The also have similar styles without the cargo pockets if that's not your thing.




The vest I bought Jon is green with a hood from JC Penny, but I looked and they don't have that style anymore. Old Navy has some great deals right now on vests and outerwear.  This orange one, which comes in a few other colors, is only $20 right now!  I love the color!  But if its too bright for your taste, they also have it in grey, black, and maroon.




Since I chose the orange vest, I decided to roll with it and find a plaid shirt with orange too.  But if you had a different color, this plaid shirt from JC Penny comes in so many colored patterns.  And bonus...its only $15!




Now I know my husband and he would not wear the sweater in the top photo so I searched for one that was a bit more plain.  I really like the shawl collar look on men's sweaters.  This one is from Macy's by American Rag for only $35 right now...plus an extra 20% off!  Really, for this look, you could wear just about any sweater over the flannel.  I would be willing to bet that most men have something already in their closet for most of this outfit.




We are at a stale mate in the Franklin house over shoes like these Steve Madden boots.  I love them and think they are so cool.  Jon thinks they are horrible and won't even consider wearing them.  These exact ones are $75 from Zappos.



If you really can't get down with the boots, these Timberland shoes are great too.  They are from Macy's for $80, with an extra 15%off right now.  And...waterproof!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment