Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Blue Blazer and New Hibachi

Happy October everyone!!!  I am dedicating my first blog of October to our amazing friend Scotty and his new wife Qiao. We have been dying to meet her ever since he first came home and told us he met a girl.  They are finally home for a visit so we headed out to dinner at this new hibachi restaurant in Novi.  First of all, she is beautiful and it was a great night!  But I found myself unsure what to wear to meet someone's wife for the first time.  I didn't want to overdress, as I have been accused of doing in the past.  But I like to dress up for dinner, especially when I am meeting someone new.  My rule is always that its better to be overdressed than under dressed.  But I didn't want to make her uncomfortable either.  So I decided it would be the perfect situation for a blazer and jeans...my go-to outfit for any occasion.  And I spiced it up with my cobalt blue blazer for a pop of color.  Here is the result!






My blazer is from Lord and Taylor but its no longer available.  I found a similar one at Macy's by ECI for $45.  It has a button closer so you can wear it open or closed, but I almost never button my blazers.  Mine is also a bit more cropped, but you can get the same look with a waist length as well.



I wore my favorite peplum top underneath for some shape since my blazer and jeans were both slim fit.  I love this top because it is so flattering and it goes with everything from dress pants to pencil skirts to skinny jeans.  This one from Mango is perfect and only $50.



Pointy toe heels are so huge right now!  I can't think of anything sexier for your feet!  I got mine by Nine West for a steal and I wear them all the time. You will too...they are totally worth the investment.  You can find them anywhere right now...Macy's, Lord and Taylor, Amazon, Zappos, and so on.  I like these by Calvin Klein from Zappos for $70 with free shipping.




I feel like I have talked about black skinny jeans a ton of times so I am not going into that again.  But just to make it clear...you should get a pair!  I also like this outfit a ladies night out.  You can always take the blazer off if you get too warm while out dancing the night away!  Its also a great way to change up your LBD by just adding a jacket.  So fun and so versatile!   


No comments:

Post a Comment