Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Heidi Klum

This photo of Heidi Klum is from awhile ago but I have always loved it.  I keep it because I am determined to pull this look off one of these days.  I have most of the pieces, I just need to actually wear it as an outfit.  But until then, I thought I would share with you all and shop around for the key items in case you like it as much as I do.



The one piece I don't currently own is the polka dot top.  I think you could really use any black and white pattern that you choose.  I like that the polka dots are kind of innocent in a way that offsets the sex appeal of the sheer.  It is defintely bold to wear a sheer top with a black bra, but when done like this it comes off so chic!  This polka dot top by Charter Club from Macy's  is $64.  It is more black than Heidi's so it might be less scary to have yourr bra peeking out.  And if you really don't get down with the bra showing, just add the cami underneath.




I bought a pair of super flared jeans a couple years ago.  I love jeans so I try to get a pair of each style to change things up.  Super flares are very 70s and a lot of look so your top needs to be the right vibe.  I like that this polka dot look isn't too costumey.  These flared jeans from Victoria's Secret for $69.50 are perfect!  And they do great things for your bum!




The black cardigan is the easy part.  Most of us already own one...and if you don't...you should!  Its a wardrobe staple!  This one is from Gap for $45.  I have found them at New York & Company and H&M for really good prices.




Now Heidi's belt is a light pink or peach.  You can find skinny belts at Forever 21, J.Crew, Aldo, and Marshalls.  But I love this pink suede belt from Gap for $25.  Its more hot pink than Heidi's but I think it would be such a fun addition!



Purses can get expensive so I shopped around for awhile.  I like studs because they add a luxe trait without costing too much more.  I found this one by Red by Marc Ecko from DSW for $40.  You could really carry any neutral color purse with this look.







No comments:

Post a Comment