Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How to Dress for a Thanksgiving Food Baby

Happy Almost Thanksgiving everyone!!!  Don't you just love Thanksgiving?!?!  Whats not to love...football and food...all day long!  One of my favorite foods in life is pumpkin pie and I always volunteer to make dessert because I love to make this pie.  My girlfriend Marci bought me this beautiful pie plate a couple years ago and it has my recipe on the bottom.  I love that its a little different than the one of the canned pumpkin.  Also, this year I went nuts and made the pie with homemade crust and pumpkin puree from an actual pumpkin.   Let's hope I did ok...

I always have one issue on Thanksgiving...my food baby.  I am famous for my food baby because whenever I eat a large meal...there it is.  I swear sometimes I look in the early stages of pregnancy.  If I was famous, they would take my picture for the tabloids with one of those arrows pointing to the belly with a pregnancy rumor attached.  Ahhhh to be famous and have these issues...anyways...I think about this every year and thought this was a good chance to share.  I have been made fun of in the past for dressing up when everyone was in jeans.  But here's the thing...my jeans are usually tight and that's the last thing I want on Thanksgiving.  So I usually trend towards a dress with some give in the stomach area.  I stumbled on a bog about this very thing and it inspired some other options.

Number one is my go to choice of a dress with a twisted waist and some ruching.  I bought mine at Marshals.  Its by Max Studio and you could probably find one like it at a Marshals  near you.  Its very similar to this one by Michael Kors from Macy's for only $67.49 right now.




Another option that I have never thought of is a full, high waisted skirt.  The benefit of the high waist is that it sits above your food baby so the fullness of the skirt hides everything.  This is why A-line dresses are always recommended for pear shaped women.  If you have an A-line dress that is similar in skirt shape, try wearing that with a turtleneck or a jacket and tights and boots.  This one from Express is only $30 right now.




For those of us who can't resist the legging...try this twist on it.  Add a button down that covers your bum (we def don't need that showing on a family holiday!) and a great oversized cardigan.  And if you can, try to wear your  thickest leggings.  These leggings from JC Penny have some cool faux leather side details and are only $35.


I really like the colors of this sweater from Victoria's Secret. I like that it adds a pop of color to your look but it also looks so cozy!  And with the wrap belt, you don't have to worry about any food baby showing...just tie it up!  Its on sale right now for $60.


For under your sweater, or alone with some funky jewelry and the leggings, try this essential tunic from Express.   Look at how roomy it is!!!




And for those of you who are really daring (or lazy I guess) fashion sweatpants are a real thing.  And nothing seems more appropriate an occasion for fashion sweatpants than Thanksgiving.  But if you dare try this, you must wear jewelry, heels and a fitted jacket to keep it from looking like you went to the table in your jammies.  Now I actually have a pair of these from Bebe that I live in during the warmer months.  This pair at Armani Exchange is pretty cool too.   Don't they look comfy!!!






I have not decided which route I will take but I will make sure to take some pics tomorrow!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!  And GO LIONS!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment