Sunday, November 4, 2012

Vintage Plaid Shirt

I went shopping with my mom the other night after work for some girl time.  We love meeting at Nordstrom Rack and then going down the street to have dinner at Champps.  I was looking for some winter boots and any cool work clothes I could find for Jon.  I did find him some very cool Calvin Klein work shoes and he actually really likes them!  Score!  I found an amazing blazer but my conscience took over and I decided it was too much to spend when I don't really need it.  But I made sure to point it out to my mom for a Christmas idea :-)  We did find this really cool plaid flannel shirt on the rack and both fell in love with it.  Since it was my size, I got to be the one to try it on.  Its vintage from What Goes Around Comes Around.  Its so soft and thick and warm and the most perfect fall/winter shirt!  I love it so much that I had to wear it yesterday for our errands.  Here is how I styled it.







I looked online and can't find the shirt I bought, but I found a really similar one.  Its from Kohls  by Sonoma for only $20 right now!  Plus, Kohls is having their Kohls Cash deal right now too.




I wore my skinny jeans so I could cuff them and show off my booties.  I think this top would work with flares or even slouchy boyfriend jeans for a comfortable weekend look.  The key it to keep it from looking too country western...unless you are going to a country concert of course.  If you are up for a splurge on skinny jeans, I love my Paige jeans.  These are on sale right now at Nordstrom for $101.  


And if you aren't in the mood to spend $100, American Eagle has some great options for skinny jeans.  These new skinny hi rise jeans are on sale for $40 right now.  And if you don't like the hi rise fit, they also have them in regular.




I've talked about these booties before...and how obsessed I am with them.  I just think they are so cool and versatile.  And you can find them just about anywhere and at any price point.  They come in all sorts of browns, blacks, and greys too.  I found mine at Mashall's for only $30!  I also saw a great pair at Macy's by Kelsi Dagger on sale or $80 with an extra 15% off.  



Happy November!  And don't forget to vote on Tuesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment