Sunday, January 22, 2012

Feeling a bit nostalgic this weekend...so bear with me on this one.  Marci and I took the kids to the mall on Friday and, as usual, they all wanted snacks the second we walked thru the doors to Lord and Taylor.   So chaos and loudness ensued for a few minutes while coats were removed and snacks unpacked.  Most people around us were probably annoyed at the increase in volume.  But standing right next to our strollers in the shoe department was this beautiful older lady, just watching us and smiling.  She looked like she was in her 70s, with grey hair done up, flawless makeup, a stylish outfit, and a leopard print faux fur coat to top it all off.  Then she told us she was a great-grandma to 5 kids and thought ours were a handful but adorable.  And she engaged the kids in some sweet conversation about their snacks and how old they were.  She even laughed as Pierson so nicely used the phrase "doo doo."  My mind went right to my Grandma Maisie.  I had shopped with my grandma enough to know that was exactly the kind of thing she would do.  I found myself wanting to hug this complete stranger because she reminded me so much of the grandma I miss so dearly. I reigned in my sentiment and just told her to have a wonderful day.  And spent the rest of the day, and weekend, thinking of my grandma.

So instead of some style tips or health advice, I am just going to share a few photos.  As I have said before, she was always one of my biggest style influences.  She always looked amazing and put together, even if she was just headed to the grocery store.  She had a mink fur coat that she loved and wore with pride...even to that same grocery store!  She was proof that even with age, beauty is endless!  I hope you all can find inspiration in something or someone like I had growing up with Grandma Maisie.

Their wedding day...check out that amazing suit...on both of them!

50th Anniversary...proof love really does last a lifetime.

At our wedding riding the chairlift up to the ceremony.  

No comments:

Post a Comment