Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Shoes...Tall and Black

I have spent the last couple days trying to figure out what to write about.  Then, last night at the auto show in downtown Detroit, I found inspiration on the feet of one of the models who stand on the platform and talk about the cars. The car was a red Cadillac ASX...very nice by the way.  But I just couldn't help but look at her feet.  So to my husband, who was kindly only admiring the car, I pointed them out and let him know I would really like a pair!  She must have noticed because she came over, so I had to fess up to my staring at her feet and let her know how much I admired the shoes.  She let me know she had on an amazing pair of black patent platform pumps by Yves Saint Laurent, shown below.


On a complete tangent, I was a bit put off that she felt the need to name drop the designer like that.  As a woman, I am always happy to give a compliment.  I feel like so many women out there react out of jealousy alone and therefore take on a bitchy attitude towards other well dressed women.  And how many of us love a good compliment from another woman?  So I was happy to let her know how fabulous her shoes were.  I just thought she could have smiled and said thank you.  The name drop was totally unnecessary and made me rethink ever having paid her the compliment.  Its one thing if someone ASKS who made them or what store they are from.  I found it super obnoxious.  However, I am willing to admit to some jealousy so it may have put my back up more because of that.  Anyone else???

Here are a couple similar shoes for those of us who can't spend $795 on one pair.
This pair is DV by Dolce Vita from Nordstrom - on sale for only $45!

This pair is by Jessica Simpson also from Nordstrom (but sold at Macy's and Lord & Taylor too).
I think I will be shopping the shoe departments next time I am at the mall!!!  Who's with me??? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment