Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Peplum Tops

I have been obsessed with peplum tops lately.  I think my most recent purchase makes 3...since Christmas! I even picked out a peplum style dress for my bridesmaid dress for my sister-in-law's wedding!  And when I was finally sitting down to read through my newest ELLE magazine, there was a whole section on the shapes coming up for spring fashion.  There is a page for "how to wear" the boxy jacket, knife pleat skirt, peplum top, and maxiskirt.  I am SO excited for all of these trends and some spring weather to try them out.  For now, I am making them work with my winter wardrobe! And wanted to share my new obsession with you all too!

This outfit is by Alice and Olivia...who I LOVE!!!  They have a few peplum styles in their spring line.  The best bottoms to pair with this style top are cropped pants or pencil skirts.  Cropped skinny jeans like these in the picture are my favorite because they work for every occasion!


Another easy option for pulling off this look is to get everything in one...a dress! I am so excited about my bridesmaid dress because I found one with a peplum style and it is so flattering.  This example is by David Meister, found at Saks Fifth Avenue.

The other pieces to make your outfit perfect are shoes and bags.  The best shoes to be on trend are chunky shoes.  Don't do a kitten heel.  And try a colorful bag to spice things up!  Here are some examples that I love.

Steve Madden "Hottness" Pump
Jeffrey Campbell "Nite Hi" Bootie

Elliott Lucca 'Cordoba' Clutch    



All shoes and bags can be found at Nordstrom.  Don't you just love that place :-)

Stay tuned for my blog on each of the other three pieces in the shapes for spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment