Sunday, January 8, 2012

How to Style with Pattern

I got inspired for this blog after buying a new skirt on www.ebay.com! After we unpacked from the holidays and cleaned, I put a few items for sale on ebay.  So naturally while on there...I had to browse!  I am such a fan of ebay.  All you need is some patience and some time to browse. (This is also how I feel about Marshals and T.J.Maxx.) I usually stick to my favorite brands because I already own them and know how they fit me.  It is a bit more risky to buy a new brand...but I have definitely done it.  There are some great vintage finds too!

Anyways...today I found this great BCBG Max Azria skirt.  And I am so excited to coordinate it!











So I took to some of my favorite sites for some more ideas and inspiration on patterns.

In Style magazine is on of my ultimate favs.  They have some of the best styling and shopping tips.  Here is one great idea for mixing patterns.  The key is to keep it in the same color palette. And keep one pattern large while the other is small.

















Another example that both my husband and I love!  For all my daring readers out there...


















Another easier, less daring idea is to pair your one stand out piece with a simple basic.  In this case, a neutral colored tee. I found this picture in Harper's Bazaar.  Another magazine I subscribe to.  :-)












In these cold and dreary winter months, what better way to get ready for spring than to play around in our closets and try to find new ways to wear our skirts and tops!  Let me know if you come up with any great looks!

1 comment:

  1. Just read your blog for the first time! Loving it... and am totally with you for making this the healthiest year yet - and my MOST STYLING. So, I'll look forward for more tips on looking great on a teacher's budget. Love you.

    ReplyDelete