Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Work Dinner...(Jon's work that is.)

A work dinner for me would mean about the same thing as regular dinner...or lunch and breakfast for that matter :-)  It would just include two more tiny mouths to feed...and a lot more noise!  But for Jon's work, it meant a nice night out at a fancy steak house downtown.  We went to this great Detroit steak house called Roast.  Its in the lobby of the Westin downtown.  Now, me being me, I love an excuse to get all dressed up!  I had a dress and shoes picked out for weeks...then Jon told me last minute that all the guys were wearing jeans.  TOTALLY threw off my outfit plans.  Apparently it wasn't as fancy an occasion as I thought.  But, I persevered and was so excited with the results.  I like how the plain, casual white top offsets the dressiness of the lace skirt.  Side note - I was definitely the most dressed up at the table, but I always say its better to be overdressed than under dressed. I hope you like the outfit as much as I did!





Shirt - BCBG Max Azria, Similar style at Gap $50
Skirt - Victoria Secret, Similar skirt at Macy's by Vince Camuto $74
Heels - Michael Kors heel and painted toe, Similar pair at Nordstrom $90

No comments:

Post a Comment