Thursday, October 29, 2015

Think Pink!


October is one of those months everyone loves, with the fall colors and apple orchards and pumpkin everything.  But I love it for one more very personal reason, its Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  From the NFL to Ellen, everyone wears pink.  You see more pink ribbons around town and it makes me happy.  I know that wearing my pink Under Armour shirt doesn't do much to stop breast cancer, but as someone who lost something precious to this disease, it makes me feel good to see everyone paying tribute.  And the more attention we pay to this, maybe some day soon we will have a cure.

My Grandma was amazing and I still miss her 5 years later.  She is the reason this pink ribbon stuff is so near and dear to my heart.  Here is the small ways I show my pink support!


UA Power in Pink® celebrates the many women who use fitness and exercise to stay healthy, and serves as a platform to help raise awareness about breast health.  These are my first two shirts and I love them!  I will definitely be buying more! 

 


The summer after my Grandma passed away, Marci and I did the 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk. Those 60 miles with her were healing and powerful and inspiring.  After that experience, I always give to the Susan G Komen Foundation.  And some day I will walk those 60 miles again! 



And last but not least, I live the happiest and healthiest I can.  That is the best way to honor her.  And maybe maser her shortbread.  But that one is the trickiest of all!  

Drove her to her weekly hair appointment so she could finally ride in the convertible with the top down! 



No comments:

Post a Comment