Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wine Tasting and A Fur Vest

We spent this past weekend in Traverse City, with our awesome friends Gil and Sue, wine tasting up and down each peninsula!  I think we hit 7 or 8 wineries in total and had some awesome wine...and cider...and brandy!  (I thought it burned but the other three liked it so much that Gil and Sue bought a bottle!)  The views from the wineries are so gorgeous with the trees starting to change color and the water all around.  But sadly, the weather was pretty gross the whole weekend.  It was never over 55 degrees and rained on and off all weekend.  I do not think I was dressed warm enough the entire weekend, but I did really like this outfit I came up with so I wore it anyways ;-)  Forgive the poses...I am working on this modeling thing!

 




The key piece in the outfit is the fur vest.  I bought it a couple years ago so its not available anymore, but I did find some similar ones at reasonable prices.  This one from Nordstrom is on sale for $79 and its a great taupe color.



This one by Dollhouse is at Macy's for $60.  It zips instead of tying or hooking closed.  Its has a cool, funky vibe to it!  P.S.  LOVE the layering look in this photo from the website.




The blouse under my vest is a silk blouse from Victoria's Secret.  They have it in so many colors so if the blush pink isn't your style, they have reds, blues, and neutrals.  I love the blush color because it works great with everything in my closet!  Its $80 right now, but they have free shipping.




My new fall addition is the booties I have on in the picture.  I blogged about these style boots before...they are so huge right now!  I found mine at Marshalls for $30!  They have them everywhere you shop right now, from under $50 to over $200, depending on your budget.  I found some on Zappos for $50 by Gabriella Rocha.  I haven't worn this brand before but the reviews sound pretty decent for the price.




Black skinny jeans are so easy to find.  I have blogged about them a few times so I won't go into too many details again.  But I have to repeat...fit is key so find some that work for your body type.  And for skinny jeans, buy them really tight, like borderline too tight because they will stretch as you wear them.

Happy Fall Everyone!!!



1 comment:

  1. Such a fun weekend and you were looking fabulous, as usual!! :)

    ReplyDelete